Dressed up Franklin School students are exercising or performing next to the original building.
The original Franklin School was destroyed by fire in 1938 and replaced by the WPA. (Contributed by Dan Crutcher)
The Rogers family recently sent the Webb City Area Genealogical Society a few school photographs that included some from Franklin School taken in the 1920s. The society did not have any 1920s era Franklin School photographs so the donation was very much appreciated.
One of the photos was a rare image of the students outside of the school, perhaps doing their morning exercises.
The Franklin School house was constructed in 1900 at 501 S. Walker St., near the intersection with Tracy Street.
It originally consisted of eight rooms and was expanded to 12 rooms in 1906. Fire destroyed that building on Nov. 8, 1938.
A new school house was constructed in 1939 by the Works Project Administration (WPA). It later became a kindergarten and is still in use by the school district.