School pride 116 years ago
WCAGS has acquired two postcards that demonstrate the pride Webb City had in its early school buildings.
The postcard above, circa 1905, shows three of the four elementary schools and Central High School.
Below, a 1907 postcard features the same three elementary schools, plus Franklin School (constructed in 1901).
The schools and their locations are:
- Central High School, Broadway and Webb Street
- West Side School, Cedar and Mineral streets
- Eugene Field School, Fourth and Oronogo streets
- Webster School, (current) Main and Vine streets
- Franklin School, (current) Tracy and Walker streets