Twin Grove School was located on 96 Highway about 1 1/2 miles west of 43 Highway.
According to the 1878 Jasper CountySchool Report by S. A. Underwood, the wood frame school house was constructed in 1877. “The log house of a year ago has given place to an excellent and commodious school building of which the citizens of the district are justly proud. The people of Twin Grove believe in progress and have done the handsome thing in erecting and furnishing the building now occupied by the school.”
The Twin Grove School closed after the 1942-1943 school term, with only seven students in District 67 at that time. The following year the students were sent to Carl Junction schools. The district consolidated with Waco R-4 on Nov. 1, 1949.
The school building stood vacant for decades but in the past year or so has been demolished.